Welcome to the Department of Economics
- Econ Department Well-Represented in Oxford Handbook of Land Economics
- Update: Prof. Kanda Naknoi
- Professor Mike Shor Granted Tenure
- Professor Ling Huang’s Article Wins Award
- 2014 Spring Awards Banquet
- Econ student Patrick Adams named Holster Scholar
- Prof. Kathleen Segerson named Board of Trustees Distinguished Professor
- Professors Alpert and Harmon, and PhD candidates Szarka and Tomolonis present at the 2014 Annual AEA Meetings in Philadelphia, PA
- Professor Kai Zhao publishes in Journal of Monetary Economics
- Profs Harmon, Alpert, and PhD Candidate Joseph Histen publish article
The department prides itself on the diversity of interests and fields of its faculty. All of the faculty are actively involved in research and publication activities, and are active in international, national, and regional professional societies. Faculty members have also served in positions with national and state governments, and international institutions.
The department also welcomes private support, which helps us reward top scholarly effort and to competitively recruit students and faculty. For more information on donating to departmental efforts, click the "Giving" link above.